The Telecom Sector Skill Council is committed to develop world class skilled manpower for the Telecom industry
Telecom Sector Skill Council, a non-profit industry driven body set up under the aegis of the NSDC would strive to:
- Create a viable ecosystem by implementing an "integrated approach" by prioritizing initiatives that can have a catalytic effect to develop competency based framework of world class excellence for skill development and quality assurance of personnel in the Telecom sector
- Narrow the existing gap between demand and supply of skills by increased collaboration between the three primary stakeholders i.e. HR, Industry and academia
- Up-skill and certify 45 Lacs personnel in 150 trades, train 24,000 trainers, accredit 500 training organizations and to cover the whole country progressively over a period of 10 years by signing MOUs with around 200 industries
- Facilitate Training the Trainer
- Develop necessary frameworks for standards, curriculum and quality assurance at all levels in vocational / technical programs to meet the needs of the industry.
- Participate in regional and international vocational telecom sector development initiatives
- Set up a comprehensive pan- India Labour Market Information System (LMIS) i.e. preparing a web based compendium of job roles and skill types to assist in planning for re-skilling, delivery of training and employability.
- Undertake occupational mapping and skill gap analysis i.e. identification of skill development needs based on LMIS and emerging technologies.
- Rationalize and maintain a skill inventory.
- Create a skill development plan in coordination with Electronic and IT sector skill councils.
- Review and identify emerging skill gaps by trend analysis.
- Develop National Occupational Standards (NOS) that feature skill competency standards and qualifications.
- Refine the existing curricula to align it with NOS, obtain approval from an industry led body of experts and facilitate building of delivery capacity.
- Plan and institutionalise an effective system for training of trainers.
- Steer the affiliation and accreditation processes to enable quality assurance in training in par with international standards.
- Create an assessment framework to award tamper proof certifications to trainees.
- Promote academies of excellence by nurturing state of vocational training.
- Manage resources efficiently to achieve results and value for money.